directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: Aw: Re: ApacheDS Server - unable to listen on UDP
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:38:19 GMT
Le 2/12/14 1:42 PM, Marcel Weinberg a écrit :
> Hi,
>> udp is not supported by the LDAP protocol. I know that M$ is supporting
>> LDAP over UDP, but this is a plain nonsense : there is no way you can
>> initiate a SSL conncetion over UDP.
> thanks for your fast reply.
> I suspected something like that before... But then I saw that the M$-documentation says
that it requires UPD for LDAPv2 and v3.

This is true for LDAP V3. A RFC has been proposed to bring UDP in LDAP
and was never adopted.

>  So I guessed this might be specified by the LDAP specs and not by the M$ specs.

It's the opposite. M$ decided on its own to implement LDAP over UDP,
just because it was proposed in LDAP V2. There is no such standard for
> I'm not sure if it becomes off topic now, but how to connect a Windows client to the
Apache Studio? The setup of the server is done and it works great with all our mail clients
and a lot of different other tools and services.
Not sure I understand your question... Why would you want to connect a
windows client on Studio, which is an LDAP GUI ?

Can you define what you want to do ? (And, no, it's not off topic)

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message