directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to create a partition programmatically - need help
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:08:08 GMT

Please, don't cross post. Select one single mailing list, the one that
fits : here, it's users.

Le 2/11/14 7:53 PM, Louie, Kenneth W a écrit :
> I'm trying to create a partition programatically. I've tried following the example on
the ApacheDS website (https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html#adding-a-partition-programmatically)
, but this example is definitely not correct.

> Here is my code:
>
> try {
>       LdapConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection(host, port);
>       connection.bind(admin, password);
>
>       log.info("Loading Schema...");
>       connection.loadSchema();
>       SchemaManager schemaManager = connection.getSchemaManager();
>       Dn suffixDn = new Dn(schemaManager, "dc=newParition,dc=com");
>
>       log.info("Start to create partition...");
>       JdbmPartition newPartition = new JdbmPartition(schemaManager);
>       newPartition.setId("newParition");
>       newPartition.setSuffixDn(suffixDn);
>       newPartition.setCacheSize(1000);
>       newPartition.setPartitionPath(new URI("file:///var/lib/apacheds-2.0.0-M15/default/partitions/newParition"));
>
>       newPartition.addIndex(new JdbmIndex("objectClass", false));
>       newPartition.addIndex(new JdbmIndex("dc", false));
>
>       Entry contextEntry = new DefaultEntry(schemaManager, suffixDn);
>       contextEntry.put("objectClass", "domain", "top");
>       contextEntry.put("dc", "newParition");
>
>       log.info("Initializing Parition");
>       newPartition.initialize();
>       log.info("Adding Entry to Partition");
>       newPartition.add(new AddOperationContext(null, contextEntry));
> } catch (URISyntaxException ex) {
>       log.error("Error with partition location: " + ex);
> } catch (Exception ex) {
>       log.error("Error creating partition: " + ex);
> }
>
> When I run this, I'm seeing:
>
> Error creating partition: org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapSchemaViolationException:
ERR_219 Entry dc=newParition,dc=com contains no entryCsn attribute: Entry …

> It doesn't even look like the partition is being added to my server (when I restart my
apacheds server, I don't see any new namingContexts under the Root DSE). I think I'm missing
some steps here, but not sure what they are. Can anyone help me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,