directory-users mailing list archives

From Mark D <temp1...@debusschere.com>
Subject Suggestions for troubleshooting filters.
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:53:32 GMT
I am having hard time understanding filters.

I have 3 partitions with suffix
dc=cnu1456
dc=test3,dc=com
dc=test5,dc=com

They all appear to have similar attributes structure with appropriate values.
Using a separate test app and Apache Directory Studio the following filter only returns 2
out of 3 expected.

(&(dc=*)(objectClass=zimbraDomain))

If I try (objectClass=zimbraDomain) I get 2 out of 3 but different combination.

>From what I understand both filters are true for all 3.

I am using search base of root / empty.

I am using current TRUNK build.  This behavior has always been an issue for me.

So, is there a log property or something I have missed to help debug / learn what it's comparison
logic.