directory-users mailing list archives

From Kitty Chan <ciok...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP authentication from Linux
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 03:12:43 GMT
I tried to authenticate a linux client (Ubuntu 12.04) with ApacheDS but
fail.

pam_ldap: ldap_simple_bind Can't contact LDAP server
pam_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server...

When I run getent passwd, I can see all the users.  But when I su - <user>,
it always return "su: Authentication failure"

This Linux client can authenticate with another Openldap server without
problem.
I wonder if there is any settings I have to be aware of.

On ApacheDS, how can I setup the log files to show some useful debug
messages?