directory-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Maaß <joerg.ma...@eacg.de>
Subject Sizing and configuration of ApacheDS for production
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:47:39 GMT
Dear all,

here’s a couple of questions or you savvy guys:

We plan to use two ApacheDS servers in a multi master replication configuration with load
balancers in front for a production setup.
At present, we have about 30.000 entries in a domain in three trees. The trees are pretty
flat, with a maximum depth of three layers (e.g. ou=bla,ou=blub,ou=whatever)
The frontend server have a connection pool of 400 connections towards the LDAP servers each.
All relevant attributes that are being looked up are indexed with an index size of 10000 each.
The current number of nbthreads per server are 150.
The search strategy is somewhat awkward: the application looks up an Orgunit and retrieves
all child objects, then applies an AND filter to sort out the objects it needs.
The JVMs for ApacheDS have 2 GB memory each.

Can you give us some hints as to optimize the performance of this setup?

Thanks a lot in advance!

What we see with the he
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jörg Maaß