directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Bayliss <prbayl...@me.com>
Subject Re: How to set ads-repllogmaxidle other than the default 48 hours
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 04:40:13 GMT
Hi Kiran,

When a sync replication connection is established an ads-replEventLog objectclass entry is
created with DN: ads-dsReplicaId=<some integer>,ou=consumers, ou=system. The ads-repllogmaxidle
value is 172800 seconds (48 hours). Is there any way to extend this time via configuration,
to say 1 week?

My issue is that I have a sync replication listener established on a DN of an entry in my
directory. The connection is persistent and set up to refresh and persist. On changes to the
entry I successfully see SearchResults returned to my SyncRepl client. After some period of
time (I'm estimating 48 hours based on my logs) the SearchResults stop and changes to the
entry at the DN no longer result in SearchResults to the client. In addition, I don't receive
any SearchResultDone, so I have no indication to retry the SyncReplication connection.  I'm
trying to establish if the 48 hour default is indeed my problem.

Hope this clarifies and you can help!
Kind regards,
Paul