directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Sizing and configuration of ApacheDS for production
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:52:11 GMT
On 12/06/2013 03:47 PM, Jörg Maaß wrote:
> All relevant attributes that are being looked up are indexed with an index size of 10000
each.
and
> The search strategy is somewhat awkward: the application looks up an Orgunit and retrieves
all child objects, then applies an AND filter to sort out the objects it needs.

Do I understand correctly the application fetches all entries of an OU
including all attributes without using a reasonable search filter?

If that is the case my first advice is to modify the application,
transfering huge amount of data over the wire is a performance killer.

If that is really not possible then I think the indexes don't make sense
because they are not used anyway, instead increase the entry cache. Also
think about caching the data on the client side.

Kind Regards,
Stefan