directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set ads-journalrotation
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:53:04 GMT
Le 12/4/13 3:34 PM, Jörg Maaß a écrit :
> Dear Emmanuel,
>
> thanks for the quick reply. I’d just like to make sure that the hard disk doesn’t
cram up in the future. At present, we have a pretty static LDAP tree, so there’s no need
for concern, but we plan to start production on January 15th, and then things will change.
By the end of April, we expect to have 2000 users online.

> Can you give me a hint as to when this parameter will become operational? I’d like
to be prepared…

The Journal is not really important for your usage. At this point, it's
not used at all (it's producing logs, but those logs are not used). You
can disable the Journal completely.

We are going to use a totally different system anyway :
- either you use JDBM - likely to be the case for you - and this already
uses a internal journal which size is limited
- or you switch to mavibot which is protected against database corruption

Mavinot partition is not yet released in its final revision.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,