directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Bayliss <prbayl...@me.com>
Subject Re: How to set ads-repllogmaxidle other than the default 48 hours
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 04:51:18 GMT
Hi Kiran,

One further piece of information.

I have a keepalive on the actual LDAP connection whilst this is occurring. The keep-alive
messages are SearchRequests to the DN that I've setup as the base DN for the SyncRepl. The
keep alives continue despite the SyncRepl SearchResults no longer being sent from the directory,
So I believe the connection to be good, but the SearchEntries from the original SyncRepl SearchRequest
are not sent after some period of time.

Many thanks,
Paul

On Dec 16, 2013, at 11:40 PM, Paul Bayliss <prbayliss@me.com> wrote:

> Hi Kiran,
>
> When a sync replication connection is established an ads-replEventLog objectclass entry
is created with DN: ads-dsReplicaId=<some integer>,ou=consumers, ou=system. The ads-repllogmaxidle
value is 172800 seconds (48 hours). Is there any way to extend this time via configuration,
to say 1 week?

> My issue is that I have a sync replication listener established on a DN of an entry in
my directory. The connection is persistent and set up to refresh and persist. On changes to
the entry I successfully see SearchResults returned to my SyncRepl client. After some period
of time (I'm estimating 48 hours based on my logs) the SearchResults stop and changes to the
entry at the DN no longer result in SearchResults to the client. In addition, I don't receive
any SearchResultDone, so I have no indication to retry the SyncReplication connection.  I'm
trying to establish if the 48 hour default is indeed my problem.