directory-users mailing list archives

From ade <harry.common...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio]
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:26:59 GMT
as a newbie I'm completely baffled by this also. The tutorial seems to
contain a number of typos which stop someone of my LDAP level dead in their
tracks!

Created a partition using & "o=SevenSeas,dc=com" o=sevenseas" and in both
cases when trying to restart the server I keep getting a really useful --

Starting ApacheDS instance 'default'...
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException:
java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.Long at

which means absolutely nothing to me and I've no idea what to do now except
reinstall again and literally guess what how to fix.

I'm sure this is a great product but wasted so much time battling what
probably is a very simple problem, maybe I should try another product unless
someone can help and tell me what to try next?

Don't mean to sound ungrateful as obviously this if free but for us
thickies, we need a simple, accurate tutorial to follow

thanks in advance!

and to compound the problem, I can't even post what I want to because my <30
lines of post gets rejected because for some reason this system thinks "You
have lines longer than 80 characters. Fix that"