directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Minder <kevin.min...@hortonworks.com>
Subject WARNings from DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory/DefaultDirectoryService
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:58:26 GMT
I'm trying to provide a very, very simple demo LDAP server for use with
my project.  I've managed to create one that is working using the code
at the bottom.  However it emits the following two WARN lines when
started.  Ideally I'd like to get rid of these as to not confuse/concern
my users.

The first one looks like it could be solved by creating a copy of
DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory and registering a shutdown hook, but I'd
rather not do that.

The second one I really have no idea how to resolve.  I'd be fine with
setting an instance specific password but it isn't clear what API should
be used or if that would fit into the way the
DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory handles the DefaultDirectoryService
lifecycle.

I can provide a very simple maven project to illustrate if that would
will help someone help me.  BTW setting the logger level won't work for
me because I do want any bind authentication failures to be output and
these are WARNs too.

[09:47:45] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService] - ApacheDS
shutdown hook has NOT been registered with the runtime. This default
setting for standalone operation has been overriden.
[09:47:46] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService] - You didn't
change the admin password of directory service instance
'ac3a5495-5d28-4e7e-987d-654efa9cb6a9'.  Please update the admin
password as soon as possible to prevent a possible security breach.

   public SimpleLdapServer( String rootDn, File usersLdif, Transport...
transports ) throws Exception {
     factory = new DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory();
     factory.init( UUID.randomUUID().toString() );
     service = factory.getDirectoryService();

     Partition partition = factory.getPartitionFactory().createPartition(
         service.getSchemaManager(), "users", rootDn, 500,
service.getInstanceLayout().getInstanceDirectory() );
     service.addPartition( partition );

     CoreSession session = service.getAdminSession();
     LdifFileLoader lfl = new LdifFileLoader( session, usersLdif, null );
     lfl.execute();

     server = new LdapServer();
     server.setTransports( transports );
     server.setDirectoryService( service );