directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] : configuring apacheds as a slave of AD.
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 06:20:30 GMT
Le 11/11/13 6:28 AM, jaseer tk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have an Active Directory server running in my organisation as a master.
> Would want to configure ApacheDS as slave of AD. Is this possible ?

Sadly, no. AD has a protocol which is really specific for replication.

> why I need apacheds(slave): Inorder to retrieve the password hashes from
> apacheds to manage ssh user-login on our servers. Can't use the pam ldap
> module method, because I need more customization here.

I'm not even sure you can read the userPassword attribute in AD... If
you can, then the best would be to write a piece of code that get
notified when such an attribute is updated on AD :
http://www.forumeasy.com/forums/archive/ldappro/200703/p117381285598.html

--
Regards,
Cordialement,