directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating userPassword subset
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:09:38 GMT
Le 11/10/13 8:01 PM, brock samson a écrit :
> [ApacheDS]
> when i create a new attribute (called, say, myUserPassword) in my schema with a userPassword
subset, its input screen in Directory Studio is visually different from its parent, the userPassword
attribute. specifically, i like how a password can be verified, and how a hash method can
be selected from a dropdown box. none of those are available for my myUserPassword attribute.
is that the way it is supposed to be, or am i doing something wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong, the default behavior is to not associate a
Value editor with a new AttributeType.

Although you can change that, in Preference -> Apache DirectoryStudio ->
LDAP Browser -> Value Editors, you can select an editor for your added
AttributeType (in your case, add the tuple <myserPassword,
PasswordEditor>, that should do the trick)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,