directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installation issue with presumed user naming format
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:35:41 GMT
Le 11/4/13 7:26 PM, Heu, Tou-Soua a écrit :
> I had this installation issue since I first worked with Apache DS 2.0 in M10 and it is
still present in the latest M15: the installation script makes the incorrect assumption that
the user used to run the server always has its group name equal to its user name.

> In another word, the user name apacheds will have a presumed group name of apacheds.
In our organization, this is not always true: the primary group name may be spelled differently
from the user name due to various reasons, including historical as well as mergers and acquisitions.
For example, wsadmin:wsadming

> This causes the apacheds installation to blow up in the "sh/install.sh" script where
it tries to use "$RUN_AS_USER:$RUN_AS_USER" which is invalid since the group name is not equal
to $RUN_AS_USER.

> So far we have resolved to edit the installation script when this situation happens,
but it would be best to have the installation script enhanced to handle this condition (e.g.
something like a RUN_AS_GROUP).

> Thanks.

Can you crate a JIRA ? That would help us traking the pb and be sure not
to forget to fix this.

Thanks !

--
Regards,