directory-users mailing list archives

From "Heu, Tou-Soua" <tousoua...@fico.com>
Subject installation issue with presumed user naming format
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:26:48 GMT
I had this installation issue since I first worked with Apache DS 2.0 in M10 and it is still
present in the latest M15: the installation script makes the incorrect assumption that the
user used to run the server always has its group name equal to its user name.

In another word, the user name apacheds will have a presumed group name of apacheds. In our
organization, this is not always true: the primary group name may be spelled differently from
the user name due to various reasons, including historical as well as mergers and acquisitions.
For example, wsadmin:wsadming

This causes the apacheds installation to blow up in the "sh/install.sh" script where it tries
to use "$RUN_AS_USER:$RUN_AS_USER" which is invalid since the group name is not equal to $RUN_AS_USER.

So far we have resolved to edit the installation script when this situation happens, but it
would be best to have the installation script enhanced to handle this condition (e.g. something
like a RUN_AS_GROUP).

Thanks.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely
for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please delete it immediately.