directory-users mailing list archives

From "Brad Crosby Jr." <brad.crosb...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems setting up data in config.ldif
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:28:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm having problems setting up some initial data in my directory via
config.ldif. I've distilled the problem by taking an untouched 2.0.0
instance in Directory Studio and (while the server is stopped) adding
the following entry to the config.ldif for the server:

    dn: ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
    ou: People
    objectclass: top
    objectclass: organizationalUnit

Trying to then start the server fails with the following two
exceptions in the log (abridged):

org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException:
ERR_216_ID_FOR_PARENT_NOT_FOUND Id for parent 'dc=example,dc=com' not
found!
Caused by: org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchObjectException:
ERR_216_ID_FOR_PARENT_NOT_FOUND Id for parent 'dc=example,dc=com' not
found!

I can add the same entry manually through Directory Studio and it
works just fine. What's going on here? Disclaimer: I'm new to LDAP in
general, and ApacheDS in particular.

Thanks in advance,
Brad Crosby