directory-users mailing list archives

From John Swinson <jswin...@netwest.biz>
Subject Authentication - Username
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:37:43 GMT
As a "newbie" LDAP user I have having problems setting up an Avaya phone
system using IP  Office (which supports LDAP) to access ApacheDS. The IP
Office software requires a username and password entered into the Directory
Services set up to enable it to access the LDAP server. If I use the DN
format e.g. uid=admin,ou=system it does not work, I have tried various
other formats e.g. admin@example.com but this is not successful. I have
been able to get it to work using Microsoft Active Directory but there are
other problems using the network operating system directory services in
Small Business Server.

Thanks

John Swinson