directory-users mailing list archives

From "吴志远" <z...@cugb.edu.cn>
Subject Re: Counting the number of entries in a search?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:35:02 GMT

Le 10/13/13 10:08 AM, Jim Willeke a écrit :
&gt; FYI: eDirectory, OpenDJ and I am sure some others, also has an similar
&gt; attribute. (numSubordinates  1.3.6.1.4.1.453.16.2.103)
&gt; They the attribute DOES NOT tell the entries in a search but rather the
&gt; number of IMMEDIATE subordinates within a container entry.

&gt; We have this information in ApacheDS (in fact, we can even provide the
&gt; number of descendants, if needed), the question is what is this
&gt; information good for, from the user POV ?I want to get the number of
entries to do paging which need that number to count the number of pages in my
ldap admin web system, but in search that is a costly operation. I think the
number of IMMEDIATE subordinates is also useful in some case,for example
pagination. Other DS has provide the attribute,will ApacheDS ?thanks!