directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steven" <Steven.Hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: Users Guide
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:58:49 GMT
Apache directory server is a server product.  There is not a UI with it, so command line searches
are a good way to see what is in the server.

There is also the directory studio product that does have a UI, and documentation of how to
do searches there.  And you can point it to your apache directory server.  http://directory.apache.org/studio/users-guide/ldap_browser/tools_search_dialog.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Wood, Kathi D (Kathi) [mailto:kathi.wood@alcatel-lucent.com]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:49 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Users Guide

Your users guide is not very good.

I am very frustrated, why would you have a command line search as an example in this document?
I can already squeeze out a half decent command line search, I want to be able to execute
the search using the apache!!!! Why don't you try adding THAT!!

Kathi Wood
Alcatel-Lucent
Verification-Test Engineer
email: kathi.wood@alcatel-lucent.com<mailto:kathi.wood@alcatel-lucent.com>