directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie question regarding master db + file size
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:46:04 GMT
Hi Marco,

we have had long discussion about using an external storage (ie
separate files) for things like pictures. It's not really easy, and
I'm not sure it worth the effort.

All in all, there is no advantage in compressing a picture : it
already uses a compressed format, the gain would be null. Using B64
encoding would be even worth, the file size would be 33% bigger...

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Marcos Mendez <marcos@jitisoft.com> wrote:
> i would also suggest compressing those resources if hex or base 64 encoding is used to
store them. you guys may do that already....

--
Regards,
Cordialement,