directory-users mailing list archives

From Richard Mixon <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject [ApacheDS] [Studio] Unable to get example working with latest Apache DS and Studio
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 21:39:47 GMT
(Apologies if this is a repeat, somehow my subject line did not get
through and I forgot the software versions I am using)

Versions, both on Windows 7 x64

  Apache Directory Studio  2.0.0.v20130628

  Apache Directory 2.0.0-M15 (Windows 7 x64)

I have been diligently trying to follow the SevenSeas example instructions
at this link:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.5-sample-configuration.html

I've setup the new partition using this link:
  http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html
I assume the word SevenSeans is mispelled and should really be SevenSeas,
though I was a bit curious why SevenSeas is used whereas the sampe LDIF
file uses sevenSeas.

Anyway, I end up with these error messages:

----- BEGIN ERRORS -----
# Sample LDIF data for the ApacheDS v1.0 Basic User's Guide
#
# Some sailors and their ships
# userpassword for all persons is "pass"
#
version: 1

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2013-09-13T13:18:11.856
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 32 - NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType :
ADD_REQUEST Message ID : 94     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]:
ou=people,o=sevenSeas     objectclass: organizationalUnit     objectclass:
top     ou: people     description: Contains entries which describe persons
(seamen) : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for ou=people,o=sevenSeas]
dn: ou=people,o=sevenSeas
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top
ou: people
----- END ERRORS -----

Did I miss a step fore creating or importing the schema for people?

My ultimate target is  to have a relatively simple LDAP database that can
support user authentication by both WordPress and Spring Java apps which
both have LDAP support.

Thank you in advance for any ideas/help. I've used openldap years ago on
Suse but that was canned.

 - Richard