directory-users mailing list archives

From Richard Mixon <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio]
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:11:24 GMT
Emmanuel,

OK - I understand a bit more about the problems I encountered and why.
Please bear with my analysis - there is a point to it.

First - yes, there are some places in the documentation that are not clear
or that have not been updated to the current releases of the product.

Second, being such a newbee with Apache DS and LDAP to some extent, I just
simply overlooked some items which in retrospect are quite clear. For
example, as someone suggested when you create a new  partition the context
entry is now created for you. Yes it is  - it's checked by default, but you
do need to changed the default configuration for the context entry.

I have the snapshots and documentation to easily expand the last part of
section 1.5, beginning with "The sample data (Sailors of the seven seas)"
to be the more comprehensive step-by-step. It would be based upon
installing Apache Directory Studio, creating the server in studio and all
the steps to successfully load and browser the sample data.

Since the entire use case uses Apache Directory Studio, not just Apache DS,
should the example go in the Apache Directory Studio documentation? I did
not see a clear place in the user guides as they are divided according to
studio component (LDAP Browser, LDIF Editor, etc).

Maybe there is some place I'm overlooking - a wiki, or other place.

I'll wait to hear then submit the JIRA with the documentation patch.

Thank you - Richard

--
Richard Mixon
Custom Computer Creations, L.L.C.