directory-users mailing list archives

From Richard Mixon <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio]
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 04:43:28 GMT
Emmanuel,
Thank yo u - I ended up doing something similar that worked, after starting
over with a default config.ldif

1. Created a partition with ID of sevenSeas and Suffix "dc=sevenSeas"
2. After restarting the server, right-clicked on the partition and created
an entry with "o=sevenSeas". BTW, when you do this and select New, you are
given options to create a New Entry or a New Context Entry. I would have
thought Context Entry was the right choice, but just the simple Entry is
what worked.
3. Afterwards after adding the following entry to the top of
apache-ds-tutorial.ldif it successfully imported:

dn: o=sevenSeas,dc=sevenSeas
o: sevenSeas
objectClass: top
objectClass: organization

Thank you all for you help.

I believe it would help a lot of LDAP nubies if the the tutorial recipe was
a bit more precise for importing the example/tutorial.

Is there a way to contribute some corrections/clarifications to these links?

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.5-sample-configuration.html
  http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html
I would be happy to do so.

Thank you all for your help - Richard Mixon

--
Richard Mixon
Custom Computer Creations, L.L.C.