directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:37:01 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM, <Garbage@gmx.de> wrote:

> Having this example comes in very handy, thanks for that.
> But I have two questions: is it already foreseeable when the "interface"
> will be fixed ? Reason for my question is that I want to build our new
> solution on a final release and not on a milestone.

yes, partition interface is already locked, and the only change that will
likely happen is
in the constructors that we are reviewing at the moment to pass an
additional parameter (the DN factory)

> Second question: is there an example how to implement a partition with a
> custom backend ? I know there were examples for JDBC in 1.x but did not
> find one for 2.0

take a look at the implementations
MavibotPartition or JdbmPartition (which use a disk based backend )
AvlPartition (which is an in-memory partition)

these should serve as the perfect examples and if you get stuck somewhere
feel free
to post here we might be able to help

--
Kiran Ayyagari