directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio]
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 06:24:46 GMT
Le 9/14/13 6:43 AM, Richard Mixon a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
> Thank yo u - I ended up doing something similar that worked, after starting
> over with a default config.ldif
>
> 1. Created a partition with ID of sevenSeas and Suffix "dc=sevenSeas"
> 2. After restarting the server, right-clicked on the partition and created
> an entry with "o=sevenSeas". BTW, when you do this and select New, you are
> given options to create a New Entry or a New Context Entry. I would have
> thought Context Entry was the right choice, but just the simple Entry is
> what worked.

The ContextEntry is associated with the partition, ie with dc=sevenSeas.
Here, you have created another entry which DN is
o=sevenSeas,dc=sevenSeas. This is a plain new entry, not a Context entry.

I *think* that whe you create the partition, the context entry is now
automatically created (to be checked), and if so, we have to fix the
documentation to reflect this feature.
> 3. Afterwards after adding the following entry to the top of
> apache-ds-tutorial.ldif it successfully imported:
>
> dn: o=sevenSeas,dc=sevenSeas
> o: sevenSeas
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
>
> Thank you all for you help.
>
> I believe it would help a lot of LDAP nubies if the the tutorial recipe was
> a bit more precise for importing the example/tutorial.
>
> Is there a way to contribute some corrections/clarifications to these links?
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.5-sample-configuration.html
>   http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html
> I would be happy to do so.

They are plain text document, using markdown. They are available at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/site/trunk/content/apacheds/basic-ug/.
Any patch on those files (and that can include fixes to the bad english
used) is very welcomed (the best way to submit patches is to create a
JIRA - see http://directory.apache.org/issue-tracking.html - and to
attach a diff to it).

Many thanks !

--