directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio]
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 21:41:57 GMT
Le 9/13/13 11:31 PM, Richard Mixon a écrit :
> I have been dligently trying to follow the SevenSeas example instructions
> at this link:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.5-sample-configuration.html
>
> I've setup the new partition using this link:
>   http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html
> I assume the word SevenSeans is mispelled and should really be SevenSeas,

Absolutely right. Tis is a typo.
> though I was a bit curious why SevenSeas is used whereas the sampe LDIF
> file uses sevenSeas.
>
> Anyway, I end up with these error messages:
>
> ----- BEGIN ERRORS -----
> # Sample LDIF data for the ApacheDS v1.0 Basic User's Guide
> #
> # Some sailors and their ships
> # userpassword for all persons is "pass"
> #
> version: 1
>
> #!RESULT ERROR
> #!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
> #!DATE 2013-09-13T13:18:11.856
> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 32 - NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType :
> ADD_REQUEST Message ID : 94     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]:
> ou=people,o=sevenSeas     objectclass: organizationalUnit     objectclass:
> top     ou: people     description: Contains entries which describe persons
> (seamen) : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for ou=people,o=sevenSeas]
> dn: ou=people,o=sevenSeas
> objectclass: organizationalUnit
> objectclass: top
> ou: people
> ----- END ERRORS -----
>
> Did I miss a step fore creating or importing the schema for people?

Have ou created the sevenSeans partiton before injecting the LDIF ? If
so, you should see it in the root entry, in the NamingContexts
attribute. I would suggest to stop and restart the server if the
partition has been added.

> My ultimate target is  to have a relatively simple LDAP database that can
> support user authentication by both WordPress and Spring Java apps which
> both have LDAP support.

That should work fine.

We are going to fix the picture to get the right name, btw.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,