directory-users mailing list archives

From Garb...@gmx.de
Subject [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:32:41 GMT
Over a year ago I developed a custom partition with ApacheDS that I want to port to 2.0 now.
The partition is "special" because it is only used to connect to ApacheDS, the search in the
sub tree is then taken care of in Javacode and not in a directory or database.
The result for the query needs to be determined "live" without copying any data to ApacheDS
beforehand.

This is not my exact scenario but I want to give you an example which might explain what I
want to do. Let's assume I want to use ApacheDS to look up square roots. It would not make
sense to store all possible results in ApacheDS.

A search for a square root would look like this:
ldapsearch -b ou=squareroot -M -h localhost -p 389 -x "(value=25)"

"squareroot" will be the name of the subtree / partition I write. The search is "value=25"
which tells the partition that I want to receive the square root of 25. The partition would
then simply calculate Math.sqrt(doubleTakenFromQuery) and return the value.

So my questions are:

1. do you rate 2.0 as mature enough to build my solution on it ? (I assume yes but perhaps
a certain Milestone is a better fit)
2. is it still the best way to use a partition for this or does 2.0 offer better ways ?
3. do you know of any examples for this for 2.0 ? I only know examples for 1.x and know that
these won't work for 2.0