directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding Apache DS
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 07:21:15 GMT
Aaron,

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM, Aaron Boxer <boxerab@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Kiran.
>
> I am working with an open source medical imaging server that runs on jboss
> 7.
> I would like to deploy this server to OpenShift.
>
> Settings are read from an LDAP server, and there is no current LDAP support
> on OpenShift
> If I can run DS as a jboss service, then I think I can get this LDAP
> support.

I have a bunch of questions
so you are planning to create a Service ARchive with DS and deploy?

and do you want to run the DS in network mode?

if yes, I am not sure whether OpenShift let you run it on an unassigned
port for you
and if _not_ then I don't think you have a way to connect to the DS using
JNDI context.

so, I think the only other option left for you is to directly embed DS in
your imaging
server application, which is certainly doable, let us know.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com