directory-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Mealo <jme...@stringtheoryschools.com>
Subject Running ApacheDS as a Daemon on Solaris with SMF Manifest
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 02:23:35 GMT
Hello all,

I'm trying to create an SMF Manifet (Solaris equivalent on an init.d
script) and I'm running into some trouble. The Linux installer uses Tanuki,
however, the Linux version of Tanuki issues a "sudo" call that is invalid
on Solaris.

If I try to replace the Tanuki wrapper binary with the Solaris version and
use wrapper.conf from the Linux package (making corrections as needed to
the path) I get the following error when running "./apacheds console
default":

[root@ds1 /opt/apache/apacheds/bin]# ./apacheds console default
Running ApacheDS - default...
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Java Service Wrapper Community Edition 64-bit 3.5.20
wrapper  |   Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights
Reserved.
wrapper  |     http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
wrapper  |
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
jvm 1    | Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than
300 seconds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Mealo