directory-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Drouin <ol.dro...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studi] OpenLDAP cn=config browser issue
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:41:02 GMT
Hello!
          I encountered a weird issue on my setup lately and I'm not sure
what I did to break things.
          I used to be able to browse and modify the cn=config OpenLDAP
tree within Studio.

          I think the issue is with Studio because I can modify the
cn=config tree with ldapmodify using the RootDN of the config database.

For example:

$ cat setRO.ldif
# set a bd read-only
dn: olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcReadOnly
olcReadOnly: TRUE

$ ldapmodify -W -D cn=Manager,cn=config  -f setRO.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config"

           .... but if I connect with cn=Manager,cn=config  with Studio I
no longer see the cn=config tree under the Root DSE. As I said earlier, it
used to work but I'm not sure what I did to break things, any idea ?

                Thank you,
                Olivier.