directory-users mailing list archives

From Slavomir Kocka <>
Subject Re: apacheds @ 100% permanently
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 10:35:51 GMT
The interesting point is, that we have two servers in mirror.
Not using replication from 2.0, but doing writes separately.
and the second server is just fine... In identical JVM and same hardware...
The difference is, that websphere uses first one as main source, and second, as spare...

Few questions anyway.
1. Where I set memory limits? I didn't change it, so currently "top" command shows up to 2
GB RAM occupied by apacheds. Can you please point me out to doc, or just leave default? We
are not using swap.
2. I cannot give you exact numbers, only if I enable logs. What I can say, that there are
four parallel servers doing writes... And Whole cell doing reads. So Writes up to 4 servers,
reads up to 10 servers (4 as app reads, 10 as infrastructure reads)
3. Will do that, and see the results tomorrow, when we shutdown servers...

On Jul 9, 2013, at 11:59 , Emmanuel Lécharny <> wrote:

> Le 7/9/13 11:41 AM, Slavomir Kocka a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> There is cluster of 4 servers writing intensively to LDAP. But even ,when there is
no write, there is 100%...
> Most certainly because the backend is tryong to catch up on the writes...
> Also what is the memory configuration ? ApacheDS is very demanding, and
> if you keep the memory low, you will have a lot of GC and cache
> management. Try to increase the allocated memory.
> At this point, a little mor einfo about the test you are running (ie,
> number of read/writes per second) and the configuration would help
> (especially if you are using replication).
> Last, not least, which Java version are you using ? I think it's a 1.6
> version, you should try with Java 1.7
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,