directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Maven-Dependency for DS 2.0.0-M14 cannot be resolved
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:05:52 GMT
Here's a bit of information.

Most our projects (except a few ones) are built as a "bundle" type.
That's part of a long and on-going effort to provide ApacheDS as a full OSGI-compliant server.
We still have a few issues to deal with but we're not that far.

Bundles don't differ much than traditional jars. Actually, a bundle is like an "augmented"-jar
with a few extra directives in the MANIFEST.MF file and eventually extra classes to deal with
OSGI functionalities like "activators" for example.

To build bundles we use the "maven-bundle-plugin" from the Felix project which helps us to
generate the proper Manifest.

A "bundle" type is applied to the project as packaging and as it's not a default Maven type,
the "maven-bundle-plugin" is required to do the proper mapping with the filenames.
Maven traditionally uses the packaging type to define the extension of the file on disk (and
in the repository), hence the ".bundle" it was looking for.
But a "bundle" is a simple jar file with the ".jar" file, that's why the file was not found.
Adding the "maven-bundle-plugin" to the build helps with that relationship.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud