directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DS schema export & import
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 06:21:27 GMT
Le 7/31/13 1:51 AM, Richard Sand a écrit :
> Ok thanks Pierre-Arnaud! What do you think about the idea of embedding a scm
> system like git or svn into the server to enable synchronization and
> versioning of schema changes from the schema editor?

We could do that. Right now, we stoe the schema in a LDIF format, for
convenience, so we could keep many versions of this file, but that would
require a bit of work in the way we handle elements in the DIT.

The next version will use a MVCC backend (mavibot) which will keep more
than one version.

All in all, it's not a simple modification...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,