directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apacheds @ 100% permanently
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:33:37 GMT
Le 7/9/13 12:35 PM, Slavomir Kocka a écrit :
> The interesting point is, that we have two servers in mirror.
> Not using replication from 2.0, but doing writes separately.
> and the second server is just fine... In identical JVM and same hardware...
> The difference is, that websphere uses first one as main source, and second, as spare...
>
> Few questions anyway.
> 1. Where I set memory limits? I didn't change it, so currently "top" command shows up
to 2 GB RAM occupied by apacheds. Can you please point me out to doc, or just leave default?
We are not using swap.

There is no configuration in ApacheDS per se, it's about the JVM memory
you set when you start the server (or websphere).
> 2. I cannot give you exact numbers, only if I enable logs.
Rough estimation is good enough. There is a huge difference between 2
additions per second and 200...

> What I can say, that there are four parallel servers doing writes... And Whole cell doing
reads. So Writes up to 4 servers, reads up to 10 servers (4 as app reads, 10 as infrastructure
reads)
FYI, you have to know that while a server is writing, nothing else can
be done (including reads). If you have clients poudning the server with
writes, then it's likely that the other clients will be blocked, and in
this case, it might have some impact on the performances.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,