directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tayler M. Albitz" <albi...@rcn.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] - Simple example for the ACI subsystem not working
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:17:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm running apacheds 2.0M11 and Studio 2.0.0v20130308.

I'm looking at the example in the documentation here:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.2-basic-authorization.html

I have access control enabled and created the operational attribute administrativeRole with
value "accessControlSpecificArea" in the entry "o=sevenSeas".

I have created created a subentry subordinate to "o=sevenSeas" to grant all operations' permissions
to "cn=Horatio Nelson,ou=people,o=sevenSeas", who acts as directory manager

I have created a new attribute value should added to the previously created Subentry's prescriptiveACI
attribute to grant search and compare permissions to all users.

cn: sevenseasAuthorizationRequirementsACISubentry
createTimestamp: 20130718045513.434Z
creatorsName: 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1=admin,2.5.4.11=system
entryCSN: 20130718050528.059000Z#000000#001#000000
entryDN: cn=sevenseasAuthorizationRequirementsACISubentry,o=sevenseas
entryParentId: b38b8ff5-1ea8-4a05-a4b5-a3c6aa1d5063
entryUUID:: NTk2ZGEwMjUtYmIzMy00NDgzLWE1YmEtYmY0YmJhM2Y3NGMx
modifiersName: 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1=admin,2.5.4.11=system
modifyTimestamp: 20130718050528.059Z
objectClass: subentry
objectClass: top
prescriptiveACI: { identificationTag "allUsersSearchAndCompareACI", preceden
ce 10, authenticationLevel simple, itemOrUserFirst userFirst: { userClasses
{ allUsers }, userPermissions { { protectedItems { entry, allUserAttribute
TypesAndValues }, grantsAndDenials { grantFilterMatch, grantRead, grantComp
are, grantReturnDN, grantBrowse, grantDiscloseOnError } } } } }
prescriptiveACI: { identificationTag "directoryManagerFullAccessACI", preced
ence 11, authenticationLevel simple, itemOrUserFirst userFirst: { userClass
es { name { "cn=Horatio Nelson,ou=people,o=sevenseas" } }, userPermissions
{ { protectedItems { entry, allUserAttributeTypesAndValues }, grantsAndDeni
als { grantFilterMatch, grantInvoke, grantRemove, grantBrowse, grantDisclos
eOnError, grantModify, grantRename, grantExport, grantRead, grantImport, gr
antCompare, grantReturnDN, grantAdd } } } } }
subtreeSpecification: { }

I can get connected as user "Horatio Nelson" and set my base to ou=people,o=sevenseas, but
I don't see any data. I suspect I'm missing something. Just not sure what.

Thanks in advance,
-Tayler