directory-users mailing list archives

From "Heu, Tou-Soua" <tousoua...@fico.com>
Subject ApacheDS 2.0 and JMX Metrics
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:59:14 GMT
Since ApacheDS 2.0 is basically a Java application server running on top of a JDK, does it
provide any JMX-based metrics that we can use to monitor its health and performance?

Things that we'd like to know:
1) number of LDAP vs. LDAPS connections
2) number of active vs. idle connections
3) min, max, average execution time of queries [read vs. write]
4) rate of new connections vs. closed connections

One alternative would be to monitor entry/exit/execution time of specific java function in
that represents the above item but it would require us to examine the ApacheDS source for
each new release we deploy, so our monitoring tool correctly track the right code, which isn't
practical.

Thanks.