directory-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject empty membership in groupofnames/groupofuniquenames
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:53:00 GMT
Hi all - I know this topic is a rehash of an age old debate, whether groupOfNames/groupOfUniqueNames
should allow the member/uniquemember attributes to be empty. Many LDAP vendors allow empty
groups (all from the Netscape lineage, CA Directory, AD) but that breaks RFC-compliance. So
just from a practical standpoint, if I want my LDAP to behave this way, is there any runtime
problem with changing the schema to make this attributes "MAY" instead of "MUST"? I tried
it and a cursory test seems ok so far.

Best regards,

Richard