directory-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Duan" <nd...@dtechspace.com>
Subject RE: Redeploying ApacheDS from Mac to Linux
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:36:16 GMT
Thanks!  But where could the file name discrepancies be?   Is there any way to run apacheds
in debug mode?

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:23 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Redeploying ApacheDS from Mac to Linux

Le 7/16/13 4:53 PM, Nick Duan a écrit :
> We created ApacheDS LDAP entries on Mac and running without any problems.   When I redeployed
the same installation on Linux (packaged the entire apacheds directory into a tar.gz file),
I got the following exception.   However, the same installation can be deployed to another
Mac without any problems.  No problem occurs when deploying from Linux to Mac, either.

> Any hints/suggestions are highly appreciated.

It's likely that the file names won't be copied correctly. Check on your mac, but Mac file
system default to a "Preserving/ Case non sensitive"
for file names (ie, FILE and file will be the same file, but the case will be the one used
when you created the name)

for instance, I have a NOTICE file on my mac OSX machine :

Emmanuels-MacBook-Pro:mina-trunk-git elecharny$ ll total 208
-rw-r--r--   1 elecharny  staff    167 Jul 15 21:49 NOTICE

But if I do :

Emmanuels-MacBook-Pro:mina-trunk-git elecharny$ ll NoTiCe
-rw-r--r--  1 elecharny  staff  167 Jul 15 21:49 NoTiCe

As you can see, the two files are the same, with different names.

On Linux, this is a different story...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,