directory-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Duan" <>
Subject RE: Redeploying ApacheDS from Mac to Linux
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:18:27 GMT
Yes, we use tar.gz to bundle the entire apacheds directory before moving to

The version of ApacheDS is M8.   I think it may not be related to version
No. but probably related to the file name problem that Emmanuel mentioned in
his response...

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot [] On Behalf Of
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: Redeploying ApacheDS from Mac to Linux

What version of ApacheDS are you using?
Looking at the stacktrace and line numbers, it doesn't seem to be the latest

I presume you used either the zip or tar.gz ApacheDS installer. Is that
right ?

On 16 juil. 2013, at 17:23, Emmanuel Lécharny <> wrote:

> Le 7/16/13 4:53 PM, Nick Duan a écrit :
>> We created ApacheDS LDAP entries on Mac and running without any problems.
When I redeployed the same installation on Linux (packaged the entire
apacheds directory into a tar.gz file), I got the following exception.
However, the same installation can be deployed to another Mac without any
problems.  No problem occurs when deploying from Linux to Mac, either.
>> Any hints/suggestions are highly appreciated.
> It's likely that the file names won't be copied correctly. Check on
> your mac, but Mac file system default to a "Preserving/ Case non
> for file names (ie, FILE and file will be the same file, but the case
> will be the one used when you created the name)
> for instance, I have a NOTICE file on my mac OSX machine :
> Emmanuels-MacBook-Pro:mina-trunk-git elecharny$ ll total 208
> -rw-r--r--   1 elecharny  staff    167 Jul 15 21:49 NOTICE
> But if I do :
> Emmanuels-MacBook-Pro:mina-trunk-git elecharny$ ll NoTiCe
> -rw-r--r--  1 elecharny  staff  167 Jul 15 21:49 NoTiCe
> As you can see, the two files are the same, with different names.
> On Linux, this is a different story...
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,