directory-users mailing list archives

From Pradyumna <neomatrix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help to migrate from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 06:34:52 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  So for the customised schema is there any known  issues I might face
?  Also regarding the schema import can I do it from the apache studio somehow? Regarding
partition do I need to create it manually or a 'slapcat' export as LDIF file can be imported
by studio can generate everything for me.

Sure I will connect to IRC on Monday.

Regards,
/Pradyumna

On 16-Jun-2013, at 11:40 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 6/16/13 5:50 AM, Pradyumna a écrit :
>> Hi,
> Hi,
>>
>> Need a help. I need to migrate LDAP users from openLDAP to ApacheDS.  So I have downloaded
ApacheDS 2.0-M12 and ApacheStudio (latest version).  Hope this is the stable and suggested
version?

> This is the matest version. We will have more releases in the next few
> months.
>>
>> This is for the first time am working in ApacheDS. In OpenLDAP am using core.schema,cosine.schema,inetorgperson.schema,nis.schema,policy.schema
and mobile.schema.

>> This mobile.schema is the only customised schema.
> Yes. All the others are 100% compatible.
>>
>> I am following documentation for ApacheDS and studio but not able to get a step by
step to migrate both schema and users. Would be great if you can send a step-by-step guide
for the same. I have to do it quickly and don't have much time left :( without your help I
will not able to make it.

> Basically, you have to import ypur schema. Sadly, the
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/2.3.1-adding-schema-elements.html
> page is empty (we are refactoring the documentation atm...) You can have
> a look at this link though :
> https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/31-add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html#3.1.Addyourfirstelementstotheschema-UsingApacheDirectoryStudioSchemaEditortoloadthenewschemaelements
>>
>> Also would be great If you can point me to some tuning docs for apacheDS if at all
required as my user base is 8000-10000 or suggest some best practices.