directory-users mailing list archives

From Giancarlo Dessena <giancarlo.dess...@xyrality.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Integrate users from external database into LDAP
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:49:05 GMT
So after a little irc chat  with <elecharny> and <kayyagari> (thank you guys!)
I found out that the way to go would be to implement a custom partition.
According to <elecarny> this not so easy and may take some time to implement.
Hopefully he will find some time this weekend to write and upload a sample partition implementation
that i can use as a starting point.
I also got to know that some guys have already done something similar for oracle years ago(carefull!
outdated), and that it is still somewhere in a branch (maybe you know where?).
Since basically i just want to do some authentication an alternative would be, to write an
authenticator that delegates the authentication to the DB (Should take about 2 days according
to elecarny)