directory-users mailing list archives

From Giancarlo Dessena <giancarlo.dess...@xyrality.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Integrate users from external database into LDAP
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:55:14 GMT
Hi everybody,

I did some research and found out that what I'm trying to achieve is not exactly the task
of a directory service.
I wanted to integrate users from different Databases into the directory service and sync the
changes between them.
To achieve this you should use an Identity Management System, which basically acts as a synchronization
and propagation service between different resources like RDBMS, LDAP, etc..
I found an open source solution which fits my needs. It's called Apache Syncope (http://syncope.apache.org/)
Anyway it would still be nice to get the sample partition implementation from <elecarny>,
so that i can use it for future implementations :)

Greetings Carlo

Am 06.06.2013 um 15:49 schrieb Giancarlo Dessena <giancarlo.dessena@xyrality.com>:

> So after a little irc chat  with <elecharny> and <kayyagari> (thank you guys!)
I found out that the way to go would be to implement a custom partition.
> According to <elecarny> this not so easy and may take some time to implement.
> Hopefully he will find some time this weekend to write and upload a sample partition
implementation that i can use as a starting point.
> I also got to know that some guys have already done something similar for oracle years
ago(carefull! outdated), and that it is still somewhere in a branch (maybe you know where?).
> Since basically i just want to do some authentication an alternative would be, to write
an authenticator that delegates the authentication to the DB (Should take about 2 days according
to elecarny)

> Am 06.06.2013 um 14:00 schrieb Giancarlo Dessena <giancarlo.dessena@xyrality.com>:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I have to anticipate that I'm pretty new to LDAP and apacheDS,
>> so please forgive me if I'm not using the right wording and/or have misunderstood
some of the concepts.
>> Now to my problem:
>> I have an external database, which contains users that have to be integrated into
LDAP.