directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help to migrate from OpenLDAP to ApacheDS
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 06:10:50 GMT
Le 6/16/13 5:50 AM, Pradyumna a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Need a help. I need to migrate LDAP users from openLDAP to ApacheDS.  So I have downloaded
ApacheDS 2.0-M12 and ApacheStudio (latest version).  Hope this is the stable and suggested
version?

This is the matest version. We will have more releases in the next few
months.

> This is for the first time am working in ApacheDS. In OpenLDAP am using core.schema,cosine.schema,inetorgperson.schema,nis.schema,policy.schema
and mobile.schema.

> This mobile.schema is the only customised schema.
Yes. All the others are 100% compatible.

> I am following documentation for ApacheDS and studio but not able to get a step by step
to migrate both schema and users. Would be great if you can send a step-by-step guide for
the same. I have to do it quickly and don't have much time left :( without your help I will
not able to make it.

Basically, you have to import ypur schema. Sadly, the
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/2.3.1-adding-schema-elements.html
page is empty (we are refactoring the documentation atm...) You can have
a look at this link though :
https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/31-add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html#3.1.Addyourfirstelementstotheschema-UsingApacheDirectoryStudioSchemaEditortoloadthenewschemaelements

>  Also would be great If you can point me to some tuning docs for apacheDS if at all required
as my user base is 8000-10000 or suggest some best practices.

There is not much to tune in ApacheDS. 8000 to 10 000 entries is not a
high number of entries. Just be sure to declare the right indexes (you
can use studio for that).

I would suggest that you connect on the Apacheds IRC channel monday to
get some help if you have an issue :
Users IRC channel: #apache-directory @ irc://irc.freenode.net
<irc://irc.freenode.net/apache-directory>

--
Regards,
Cordialement,