directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from iPlanet to ApacheDS 2.0 server - Issue
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:53:10 GMT
Le 6/4/13 8:36 AM, Titus Rakkesh a écrit :
> Dear All,

Hi,

>     We have a live application which was running in iPlanet directory
> server for the last 5 years and the LDAP is having around 3 million user
> info stored in. Currently we are in a need of getting the clone of that
> LDAP and migrate to ApacheDS 2.0 one. Simply saying our requirement is to
> migrate all objects(schemas, roles, administrator accounts, Full User Store
> data and everything) to ApacheDS. After the migration, we should be able to
> redirect the application requests to the new LDAP without changing
> application code.
>
> Pls direct us how we can do this?
The first thing is to see if the schema you are using on iPlanet is
compatible with ApacheDS schema. This may require a bit of tuning. The
second step would be to inject the 3 millions of entries into apacheds,
which may take a while, with the current version (expect around 5 to 20
hours, depending on which kind of disk and system you use).

> Will this possible with Apache Directory Studio Tool?

Ldap Studio is just an agnostic LDAP tool, so yes, it should be possible.

You may talk to Kiran (see
http://directory.apache.org/commercial-support.html) if you need some
quick help.

--