directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: Migrating from iPlanet to ApacheDS 2.0 server - Issue
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:53:10 GMT
Le 6/4/13 8:36 AM, Titus Rakkesh a écrit :
> Dear All,

>     We have a live application which was running in iPlanet directory
> server for the last 5 years and the LDAP is having around 3 million user
> info stored in. Currently we are in a need of getting the clone of that
> LDAP and migrate to ApacheDS 2.0 one. Simply saying our requirement is to
> migrate all objects(schemas, roles, administrator accounts, Full User Store
> data and everything) to ApacheDS. After the migration, we should be able to
> redirect the application requests to the new LDAP without changing
> application code.
> Pls direct us how we can do this?
The first thing is to see if the schema you are using on iPlanet is
compatible with ApacheDS schema. This may require a bit of tuning. The
second step would be to inject the 3 millions of entries into apacheds,
which may take a while, with the current version (expect around 5 to 20
hours, depending on which kind of disk and system you use).

> Will this possible with Apache Directory Studio Tool?

Ldap Studio is just an agnostic LDAP tool, so yes, it should be possible.

You may talk to Kiran (see if you need some
quick help.

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message