directory-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to enable SSL for LDAP with Apache Directory Studio?
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 07:21:36 GMT
I am using Apache Directory Studio for testing LDAP services for an
application. I am lost in configuring the LDAP with SSL.

So far I've tried:

   1. Started ApacheDS with port 10389 (ldap://) and also on 10636
   (ldaps://)

Here's the screenshot of ldap config in Apache Directory studio:

[image: Inline image 1]

Then I followed the instructions as mentioned here: How to enable
SSL<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.3-enabling-ssl.html>

I generated the keys using
keytool<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/keytool.html>
:

C:\LDAP\keys>keytool -genkey -keyalg "RSA" -dname "
mojo,cn=com" -alias mojo -keystore mojo1.ks -storepass secret -validity 3650

and then I am using this key in Apache Directory Studio (and restarting the
LDAP server), I end up with this error:

[image: Inline image 2]

Can someone tell what I am doing wrong? Is there something I am missing?

--
Ashwin kumar
(http://ashwinkumar.me)