directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Borys <sbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to M12
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 08:29:41 GMT
And after removal of the consumers and restarting the servers my partition
is visible again! This is a nasty bug, isn't it?
 On 14 May 2013 10:27, sborys@gmail.com wrote:

Perhaps this is what caused deletion. If replication consumer cannot see
the partition in the same way as studio cannot then deletion would start....
 On 14 May 2013 10:17, "Borys" <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:

I did not move data around. I was just replacing the
lib/apacheds-service.jar file.
Another interesting observation: I cannot see cn=eumetsat partition in the
studio although I can query it using ldapsearch.
 On 14 May 2013 09:46, "Kiran Ayyagari" <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Borys <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No I did not delete anything anywhere. The only what was done is:
> > -Stop both serevrs
> > - update config.ldif on both servers to add missing attribute for M12
> > - replace the jar file
> > - attempt to start one of the servers.
> > - put back old jar file
> > - deleted the attribute from the config.ldif on both servers
> > - start one server server. Check the content - fine.
> > - start second server. Check the content - few entries missing. Check
> > again, even more entries missing.
> >
> I *guess* this is where the problem might have happened, while copying
> files back to this second
> server you might have copied old partition data  triggering a delete
>
> > - check the content on another server - more and more entries are  gone
> and
> > finally, all is gone.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Le 5/14/13 9:16 AM, Borys a écrit :
> > > > That is exactly the problem, I did add some custom schema.
> > > > Now I have another big problem. I have two servers replicated. The
> > > > replication was setup yesterday and worked fine. Today after server
> > > restart
> > > > the replicated content start to "shrink" . I had fewer and fewer
> > entries
> > > in
> > > > the database. And now the DB is empty on BOTH servers!!!
> > > > The only message I got when I started second server was:
> > > > [07:05:40] WARN
> > > >
> > >
> >
> [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler]
> > > > - received a valid cookie
> > > > rid=001,csn=20130513122431.469000Z#000000#001#000000 but there is no
> > > event
> > > > log associated with this replica
> > >
> > > My guess is that you deleted all the entries from one server before
> > > injectng the new schema, then  reconnected the server to the other one.
> > > As the date of modification on the deleted entries is more recent,
> those
> > > deletions get 'replicated'
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Cordialement,
> > > Emmanuel Lécharny
> > > www.iktek.com
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Kiran Ayyagari
> http://keydap.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message