directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Borys <sbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to M12
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 09:17:03 GMT
I just reproduced it.
On 14 May 2013 11:14, "Kiran Ayyagari" <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org
> >wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Borys <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps this is what caused deletion. If replication consumer cannot see
> >> the partition in the same way as studio cannot then deletion would
> >> start....
> >>
> > looks like an issue with the API (LdapNetworkConnection)
> >
> BUT I still can't think of any situation how this can happen
>
> >  On 14 May 2013 10:17, "Borys" <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> > I did not move data around. I was just replacing the
> >> > lib/apacheds-service.jar file.
> >> > Another interesting observation: I cannot see cn=eumetsat partition in
> >> the
> >> > studio although I can query it using ldapsearch.
> >> >  On 14 May 2013 09:46, "Kiran Ayyagari" <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Borys <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> > No I did not delete anything anywhere. The only what was done
is:
> >> >> > -Stop both serevrs
> >> >> > - update config.ldif on both servers to add missing attribute
for
> M12
> >> >> > - replace the jar file
> >> >> > - attempt to start one of the servers.
> >> >> > - put back old jar file
> >> >> > - deleted the attribute from the config.ldif on both servers
> >> >> > - start one server server. Check the content - fine.
> >> >> > - start second server. Check the content - few entries missing.
> Check
> >> >> > again, even more entries missing.
> >> >> >
> >> >> I *guess* this is where the problem might have happened, while
> copying
> >> >> files back to this second
> >> >> server you might have copied old partition data  triggering a delete
> >> >>
> >> >> > - check the content on another server - more and more entries
are
> >>  gone
> >> >> and
> >> >> > finally, all is gone.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <
> >> elecharny@gmail.com
> >> >> > >wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> > > Le 5/14/13 9:16 AM, Borys a écrit :
> >> >> > > > That is exactly the problem, I did add some custom schema.
> >> >> > > > Now I have another big problem. I have two servers replicated.
> >> The
> >> >> > > > replication was setup yesterday and worked fine. Today
after
> >> server
> >> >> > > restart
> >> >> > > > the replicated content start to "shrink" . I had fewer
and
> fewer
> >> >> > entries
> >> >> > > in
> >> >> > > > the database. And now the DB is empty on BOTH servers!!!
> >> >> > > > The only message I got when I started second server
was:
> >> >> > > > [07:05:40] WARN
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >>
> [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler]
> >> >> > > > - received a valid cookie
> >> >> > > > rid=001,csn=20130513122431.469000Z#000000#001#000000
but there
> >> is no
> >> >> > > event
> >> >> > > > log associated with this replica
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > My guess is that you deleted all the entries from one server
> before
> >> >> > > injectng the new schema, then  reconnected the server to
the
> other
> >> >> one.
> >> >> > > As the date of modification on the deleted entries is more
> recent,
> >> >> those
> >> >> > > deletions get 'replicated'
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > --
> >> >> > > Regards,
> >> >> > > Cordialement,
> >> >> > > Emmanuel Lécharny
> >> >> > > www.iktek.com
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Kiran Ayyagari
> >> >> http://keydap.com
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Kiran Ayyagari
> > http://keydap.com
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Kiran Ayyagari
> http://keydap.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message