directory-users mailing list archives

From Borys <sbo...@gmail.com>
Subject MASTER-MASTER replication
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 18:21:55 GMT
Hello guys,

I am sorry to bother you with such simple question, but I could not figure
out myself even after digging everywhere if I could have a replication
configuration where two servers are acting as providers and consumers for
each other for the same base DN.
I mean S1 is a provider for  let's say dn: cn=company.tree and server S2 is
also a provider for the same base DN. S1 is a consumer, and its provider is
S2. S2 is a consumer and its provider is S1. Will this work? I am afraid of
having some kind of update loop triggered by first modification on either
of servers.
BTW the documentation on the official site really sucks. Many links are
broken and information is incomplete. I found decent documentation with
regard how to setup replication here
http://joacim.breiler.com/apacheds/book.html, but I could not find there
answer for my question.