directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade to M12
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 09:13:35 GMT
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Borys <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps this is what caused deletion. If replication consumer cannot see
> the partition in the same way as studio cannot then deletion would
> start....
>
looks like an issue with the API (LdapNetworkConnection)

>  On 14 May 2013 10:17, "Borys" <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I did not move data around. I was just replacing the
> > lib/apacheds-service.jar file.
> > Another interesting observation: I cannot see cn=eumetsat partition in
> the
> > studio although I can query it using ldapsearch.
> >  On 14 May 2013 09:46, "Kiran Ayyagari" <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Borys <sborys@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> > No I did not delete anything anywhere. The only what was done is:
> >> > -Stop both serevrs
> >> > - update config.ldif on both servers to add missing attribute for M12
> >> > - replace the jar file
> >> > - attempt to start one of the servers.
> >> > - put back old jar file
> >> > - deleted the attribute from the config.ldif on both servers
> >> > - start one server server. Check the content - fine.
> >> > - start second server. Check the content - few entries missing. Check
> >> > again, even more entries missing.
> >> >
> >> I *guess* this is where the problem might have happened, while copying
> >> files back to this second
> >> server you might have copied old partition data  triggering a delete
> >>
> >> > - check the content on another server - more and more entries are
>  gone
> >> and
> >> > finally, all is gone.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <
> elecharny@gmail.com
> >> > >wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > Le 5/14/13 9:16 AM, Borys a écrit :
> >> > > > That is exactly the problem, I did add some custom schema.
> >> > > > Now I have another big problem. I have two servers replicated.
The
> >> > > > replication was setup yesterday and worked fine. Today after
> server
> >> > > restart
> >> > > > the replicated content start to "shrink" . I had fewer and fewer
> >> > entries
> >> > > in
> >> > > > the database. And now the DB is empty on BOTH servers!!!
> >> > > > The only message I got when I started second server was:
> >> > > > [07:05:40] WARN
> >> > > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >>
> [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler]
> >> > > > - received a valid cookie
> >> > > > rid=001,csn=20130513122431.469000Z#000000#001#000000 but there
is
> no
> >> > > event
> >> > > > log associated with this replica
> >> > >
> >> > > My guess is that you deleted all the entries from one server before
> >> > > injectng the new schema, then  reconnected the server to the other
> >> one.
> >> > > As the date of modification on the deleted entries is more recent,
> >> those
> >> > > deletions get 'replicated'
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > --
> >> > > Regards,
> >> > > Cordialement,
> >> > > Emmanuel Lécharny
> >> > > www.iktek.com
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kiran Ayyagari
> >> http://keydap.com
> >>
> >
>



-- 
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message