directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from ApacheDS 1.5.3 to 2.0
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 15:50:31 GMT
Le 5/21/13 5:31 PM, Abdala, Pablo Javier a écrit :
>> we don't have a description of the migration procedure. However, we can
>> drive you and help you to get 2.0 up and running.
>> Could you provide some information about ;
>> - your configuration (the server.xml file)
>> - how many entries dyou have in your server
>> - do you have any added schema elements ?
>> Bottom line, the idea is to convert your configuration into something
> that it usable for ApacheDS 2.0 (and you can configurate the server
> using Studio), and to import your data into the server. If you have
> created some AttributeTypes or ObjectClass, we will need to update the
> schema.
>
>> It should not be too complicated.
> Thanks Emmanuel for your answer and your help.
>
> Please find attached the server.xml file.
> Regarding to "entries  in server" I've attached an example file

I checked the server.xml file, it's a brand standard configuration. You
should be able to use ApacheDS 2.0 as is, inject you data, it should
work (it worked for me).

> I don't understand your last question, "do you have any added schema elements ?" could
you clarify my?

I just wanted to know if you have added some new schema elements, like
AttributeType or ObjectClass. Seems not.

So, bottom line : install apacheDS, import your data into it, you are
ready to go...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,